Hi everyone! This is Patricia from the SOS team. Now that it’s almost June, we are about to enter my favorite season, mango season! This is the time of the year where most mango varieties ripen and become widely available. It also means that I get to make my favorite icebox cake that calls for sweet yellow mangoes.
Here’s my favorite icebox cake recipe that is a twist on the classic Filipino dessert, Mango Float. Instead of the usual heavy cream, I substituted it with coconut cream for that extra nutty flavor.
1. In a bowl, whisk coconut cream and your sweetener together. Adjust to taste.
2. Slice the mangoes into thin and even strips
3. Line your baking dish with the graham crackers, fill the gaps by trimming the crackers
4. Evenly coat the first layer with cream mixture and top it with the mango strips. Make sure the whole cream layer is covered with mangoes.
5. Place another layer of graham crackers and repeat steps 3-4 and ending with the layer of cream mixture.
6. Dust the top layer with crushed graham crackers.
7. Let it sit in your fridge for at least an hour. Best served chilled or slightly frozen.