As the world is telling us to slow down and for many of us whom are grateful to be able to enjoy lots of free time at home, a self-care ritual will help ease your mind and reconnect with your body.
Setting the mood
A step you do not want to skip: Slip into a bathrobe, light a candle or use an essential oil diffuser, burn incense, decorate with crystals that brings positive energy, put on some soothing music and make yourself a snack or drink. This will elevate the at-home spa experience and differentiate it from just putting on a face mask after the shower.
Masks from Head to Toe
Face masks, hand masks, body masks, foot masks, you name it. Whether you want to target a specific part of your body or all, we rounded up the best reviewed masks, starting with a step-by-step guide for the Apple-Cider Vinegar Nourishing Hair Mask with easy ingredients from the kitchen.
Apple Cider Vinegar Nourish Hair Mask:
– 1 ½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
– 2 tablespoons honey
– 1/2-1 teaspoon olive oil
2. The Glossier Detoxifying Face Mask deeply cleanses, minimizes pores and is great for combination skin.
3. Farmacy Honey Potion Renewing Antioxidant Hydration Mask is infused with honey for its antioxidants properties and will leave your skin glowing and nourished.
4. Dr. Jart+ Dermask Water Jet Vital Hydra Solution is so hydrating that after using your skin feels as soft and plump as a newborn baby’s face.
4. True Botanicals Resurfacing Body Mask contains lactic acids that gently exfoliates and readies your skin for body cream.
5. Aveeno Repairing CICA Moisturizing Foot Mask is enriched with oats and shea butter that moisturize and soften your feet. After this, you’ll probably want to try it on all your summer sandals.
Give Yourself a Relaxing Massage
A face massage can reduce puffiness, promote blood circulation and also helps with better absorption of serums and oils. With the help of these massaging tools, you can give yourself a relaxing facial at home.
1. Mount Lai De-Puffing Rose Quartz Facial Roller has a double-ended roller that is perfect for messaging all areas of the face. The rose quartz has a calming property that is naturally cooling and feels amazing on your skin.
2. Mount Lai Gua Sha Facial Lifting Tool is a firming and lifting massage tool that is shaped for an easy grip.
3. Face Gym Face Sculptor has a sculpting effect and fits the natural contours of the face which mimic a professional massage.
Nothing Beats a Hot Bath
A steaming hot bath is the easiest way to relax your mind and body. For the ultimate hot bath, adding bath salts not only make it look dreamy but also offer health benefits that optimize the treatment. Below are some cool products that will be the cherry-on-top to your luxurious bath:
1.Goop Beauty The “Martini” Emotional Detox Bath Soak with Himalayan pink salt and chia seed oil, this soak helps relieve stress and induce relaxation.
2. Fur Bath Drops are made with clean ingredients like seaweed and natural oils that nourish and leave your skin super soft.
3. Ouai Chill Pills is a jasmine-and-rose-scented bath bomb that lifts your mood with its refreshing spa-like smell and soothes and hydrates your skin.
4. Goop Beauty G’nite Bedtime Bath Soak made with botanicals and essential oils which promote a calm state and prepare you for a relaxing sleep.
Body Lotions and oils to end the day
It’s the best time to moisturize following a hot bath that washed off all the dead skin and bad energy. Your body will thank you for taking care of it in its own beautiful way and you will feel so great afterwards that you’ll ask yourself – why don’t I do this more often?
1. Necessaire the Body Lotion is known for its non-irritating and fragrance-free qualities. It is also quick-absorbing and improves skin texture.
2. Biossance 100% Sugarcane Squalane is a plant-derived oil and great for sensitive skin. You can use it on the face and body – wherever needs hydration.
3. Aesop Rejuvenate Intensive Body Balm is made with Macadamia Nut and Sandalwood oils, which is super moisturizing and nourishing.