I’m all for entering the New Year as our healthiest, fittest, most optimistic selves. For me, that means knowing what kinds of healthy snacks to have on hand. I wanted to share some of my favorite healthy snacks with you guys so you can also be prepared to be your best self this year:
1. Artisana Organics Coconut Butter – Coconut butter is one of my favorite snacks to have on hand. I like mixing it into my coffee to add a touch of creaminess, adding it to baked goods recipes, and even spreading it on toast or sliced apples as a satisfying snack. It contains high quality fats so it’s especially good for your brain and energy levels!
2. Macrobars – These bars are my go-to for traveling or when I have a long day of work or errands. They don’t contain any artificial sweeteners, and they’re vegan. I love carrying them around in my bag because they are delicious and extremely satisfying.
3. Green & Black’s Organic Dark Chocolate – Did you know that eating dark chocolate with a cacao content of 81% or higher is actually good for you? That’s because cacao has such a high level of antioxidants. This chocolate is an energizing snack and it also makes the perfect dessert!
4. Justin’s Almond Butter – This is one of my all-time favorite snacks. I love to eat it with sliced apples or bananas, or even with just a spoon!
5. Boom Chicka Pop Sweet and Salty Kettle Corn – This kettle corn is the perfect mix of salty and sweet. I love having it on hand to snack on throughout the day, or as a side dish with my lunch.
6. Larabar Bites – These chocolate hazelnut bites are absolutely delicious! I keep them in my purse all day long so I always have them available. They taste like chocolate truffles and they’re made from dates, almonds, chocolate, and hazelnuts!
7. Coconut Oil – Coconut oil is my #1 healthy cooking alternative. You can use it in any recipe that requires butter, and you can also use it instead of vegetable oil whenever you are cooking. It’s full of healthy fats and it’s really good for your brain.
8. Cacao Powder – Cacao powder is something I always have on hand in my pantry. It’s a great ingredient to add to oatmeal, baked goods, and pancakes, and I also use it to make a healthy hot chocolate. Plus, it’s full of essential antioxidants.